About the project
The We4Authors Cluster project is a preparatory action funded by the European Commission. It is building on a pilot project called We4Authors, lead by Funka.
The specific aim of the Cluster project is to work together with authoring tools producers in a cluster to:
- Collect and analyse user requirements from web authors
- Analyse how these requirements can be transformed into deafault accessibility features
- Implement the most prioritised features in different technical environments
- Test with web authors and end users with disabilities
- Document the features and present them in an open repository
- Demonstrate the results to the industry and spread the knowledge
The result of the project will be a set of accessibility by default features free for any authoring tool provider to use.
The project duration is March 2020 to July 2021.